Hope For The Homeless
Manassas Hope For the Homeless demonstrates the Warmth of Christ with tangible demonstrations of love to the Homeless of Manassas during extreme cold. The Manassas Hope for the Homeless is comprised of Christians from over a dozen churches in the greater Manassas area who have come together to provide emergency shelter and food to the homeless when we experience extreme cold weather.
How You Can Help
Due to COVID-19 and the necessity for social distancing please contact Jay Sharpe at: 571-277-0728 to find out what services at the shelter are able to be provided at this time and what serving opportunities are available at this time.
Non-Covid Opportunities to Serve:
- Meals – Volunteers are needed to prepare, donate and/or serve meals that will be provided to those in the shelter.
- Transportation – Volunteers are needed to help transport individuals from their locations around Manassas to the shelter.
- Supervising/Mentoring – Volunteers are needed to help supervise shelter activities, games, and lead Bible studies. These are done in shifts of at least four (4) people when the shelter is open.
- Donations needed are as follows: bug repellents, Water, Socks, boots, shoes, men’s underwear large & Xlarge, Batteries triple A, double A and Ds.All donation items are relevant and collected throughout the entire year and will be distributed at the appropriate seasonal times. For more information about specific donations please check with Jay Sharp 571-277-0728.
- To donate or provide Food during the scheduled Shelter openings please contact: Ann McWhirt at 571-275- 1594 or email@example.com
- If you wish to donate financially a Gofundme page has been set up for Hope for the Homeless at: https://www.gofundme.com/manassas-hope-for-the-homeless